Izabal Agro-Forest recently had the privilege of hosting Bob Taylor and an impressive group of influencers in the wood business, in Guatemala. Their visit was part of a world forestry tour that Bob Taylor has been planning for some time now, the main objective is/was to learn. The group is planting trees in Cameroon, Hawaii, and Washington, and they wanted to see examples of forward-thinking forestry operations, in the hopes to exchange ideas and meet people with similiar visions of what the tonewood & forestry sector will look like in the future.
We spent the day reviewing our operations in Izabal, and had a great day listening and learning from this very inspiring group of individuals (listed below). Thank you to the talented Paul Akers for documenting the visit:
If you would like information about Izabal Agro-Forest’s sustainable investments please contact us here.
1. Bob Taylor – Co-ower/operator Taylor Guitars, Crelicam, a Cameroonian ebony company and Paniolo Tonewoods, an Hawaiian company focused on growing several wood species, including Koa (TaylorGuitars website)
2. Steve McMinn – Owner and operator of Pacific Rim Tonewoods, a spruce supplier (Pacific Rim Tonewoods website)
3. Kevin Burke – Pacific Rim Tonewoods, primary log buyer and project manager
4. Scott Paul – Previously an important forest campaigner for Greenpeace, current Natural Resource Sustainability Director for Taylor Guitars
5. Vidal De Teresa – The is the owner and operator of Madinter Tonewoods as well as partner in Crelicam, a Cameroonian ebony company (Madinter website)
6. Nicholas Koch – Forester with 14 yrs experience, Forest Solutions website
7. Paul Akers – he is an entrepreneur, author, speaker. He is the founder and president of FastCap. Paul Akers website
You must be logged in to post a comment.